Frequently Asked Questions about Eye Care Foundation
- What does Eye Care Foundation do?
Eye Care Foundation is comitted to put an end to avoidable blindness and vision impairment.
- In which countries is Eye Care Foundation active?
Eye Care Foundation has projects in Cambodia, Ecuador, Laos, Nepal, Suriname, Tanzania and Vietnam.
- Can I read the Eye Care Foundation’s annual report?
The 2021 annual report can be found under ‘Results’.
- Does Eye Care Foundation have ANBI status?
When donating to a charity, special tax rules apply. Eye Care Foundation is registered with the Tax Authorities as a ‘Algemeen Nut Beogende Instelling’ (ANBI).
- Does Eye Care Foundation have the quality mark of CBF?
Centraal Bureau Fondsenwerving (CBF) is the supervisor of the charitable sector. By issuing the CBF Quality Mark, CBF is the quality assessor of charities. Eye Care Foundation is a recognized charity and meets strict quality requirements which CBF checks.
- Can I visit Eye Care Foundation projects?
The Eye Care Foundation projects are often located in remote places and are difficult to reach.
Through the ‘donor journey’ you can get acquainted with the work of Eye Care Foundation in a specific country.Would you like to be kept informed about these trips? Subscribe to our newsletter (in dutch)!
Frequently asked questions about your donation
- How can I become a donor?
It’s great that you want to support us! With the help of your donation we can give people a their sight back and with that a chance of a better future.After sign up, donors receive a welcome letter and a newsletter by post will be sent 5 times a year. The newsletter contains interesting stories about our projects and the results we make. A digital version is also available.
Would you like to support us as a donor? Subscribe via our website. You can show us support from €5 per month.
- What is a periodic donation agreement and how does it work?
With a periodic donation agreement you contribute to the Eye Care Foundation for at least five years. Your periodic donations are deductible for your income tax. Of every euro you donate, you will receive a maximum of half the amount back from the tax authorities. If you increase your gift, it will not cost you anything extra. With the same amount, you help more people!
- What is the benefit of a periodic donation for yourself and for the Eye Care Foundation?
With a periodic donation agreement you are assured of tax benefits, regardless of the amount you donate. This makes it a very economical way of donating for you. You can also decide to increase your gift without it costing you extra money. In that case you will pay the same net amount, but the Eye Care Foundation will receive more money. With a periodic donation you provide structural financial support to the Eye Care Foundation. Because we can be sure of your support for a longer period of time, we have more certainty when it comes to financing long-term projects.All advantages at a glance:
- You may deduct the entire amount of your donation from your taxable income
- You will receive a significant part of your donation back from the tax authorities
- You give the same net amount, while Eye Care Foundation receives more. This way we can help more people
- Thanks to your periodic donation, Eye Care Foundation can count on your support for a longer period of time
- Your entire gift will benefit Eye Care Foundation because charities with an ANBI status do not have to pay gift tax.Contact Margreet Geels for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I donate as a business?
If you (as an entrepreneur) have a BV, you can donate from your BV for business purposes. The rules of private donations apply to a sole proprietorship, CV, VOF, etc. Annual donations above € 0 and up to a maximum of 50% of the taxable profit are deductible for the VPB.Contact Maaike van Veen for more information at email@example.com.
- Which donations are tax deductible?
If you donate annually through a periodic donation agreement for at least five years, your donations are fully deductible from your taxable income. Without a periodic donation, your gift is only tax-deductible if the amount is a minimum of 1% and a maximum of 10% of your gross income.The rate at which a donation to an ANBI can be settled will be adjusted nationally in four steps in the coming period from 51.75% in 2019 to 37.05% in 2023.
- What is the bank account number of Eye Care Foundation?
Our general account number for donations is IBAN NL14 ABNA 0543 4445 54.Thank you for your support!
Frequently asked questions about vacancies
- Are there currently vacancies?We love to see that you want to work at Eye Care Foundation! Currently there are no vacancies available. When these become available, they can be found on this page.