ECF is looking for a new Board Member Medical Affairs
- Act as contact person:
- for medical / ophthalmic matters on behalf of the organization
- for the organization with regard to medical volunteers and organizations
- at board level liaising with healthcare organizations at home and abroad
- Evaluate and analyze the annual plans in relation to medical / ophthalmic / eye care aspects of international projects (in consultation with the director and head of projects)
- Evaluate the collaboration with third parties in the field of health care
- Advise the board and director on medical / ophthalmological aspects of the organization’s work
- Give advice in relation to recruitment of volunteers in the medical field
- Advise on possible sponsors from medical / eye care sectors
- Act as spokesperson for the board regarding the medical / ophthalmic / eye care policy of ECF
- Member / Chairman of the ECF Medical Advisory Board
- Perform tasks arising from board meetings
General competencies for board members:
- Endorse the vision and objectives of the organization and participate in the discussion and contribute ideas about the objective and interests
- Ability to contribute to the development of a future vision for ECF
- Affinity with development cooperation and civil society organizations
- General managerial skills and experience
- Ability to assist management with advice and assistance
- Demonstrate integrity, a sense of responsibility and ability to work independently
- Experience in managing own business units, preferably in international settings
- Established networks relevant to ECF
- Prepared to act as an external ambassador
- Good communication skills in both English and Dutch
- Culturally sensitive
- Available for 1-2 days per month
The Board of the Eye Care Foundation meets 4 to 6 times a year during the evening hours. The members of the board are unpaid, with the possible exception of expenses incurred during board responsibilities. The Eye Care Foundation strives for diversity and gender balance in the
Board membership. Board members must have a relevant network. Experience in (eye) care and / or development cooperation is an advantage.
For further information and questions regarding the position, please contact Thijs van Praag, Chairman, by phone +31-6-53 43 3471 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in this position kindly forward your motivation statement and CV by email to email@example.com no later than August 15, 2020.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.