Project Officer of ECF Lao PDR
Eye Care Foundation (ECF) is a Dutch non-profit, non-governmental organization working towards sustainable eye care programs in consultation with local partner organizations. ECF’s objective is to contribute to the prevention and treatment of curable blindness and visual impairment. ECF currently works in 7 countries and is based in Amsterdam.
ECF is seeking a suitable Laotian candidate with proven experience in the (eye) health care and/or NGO sector to fill the position of Project Officer based at its field office in Vientiane, Lao PDR.
The Project Officer will be responsible for the implementation of ECF eye care projects in Laos and monitor the progress. The Project Officer is responsible for the day to day operations of the ECF eye care projects including coordination with the key stakeholders, NGOs, Provincial Health Departments and Ministry of Health. He/She works closely with the Admin and Finance Officer and reports to the Program Manager based in Cambodia.
- Supervise the implementation of the ECF eye care projects in Laos, monitor the progress and adjust if needed;
- Support/in collaboration with the Program Manager design and evaluate projects;
- Liaise with provincial health authorities and project partners to ensure continued communication and coordination;
- Identify needs of project partners for an effective project result;
- Support the Program Manager to prepare the Annual Plan of ECF Laos activities and budget development;
- Organize trainings and workshops;
- Develop the quarterly budget based on partner’s plan and manage accordingly;
- Submit a monthly narrative report on ECF Laos activities to the Program Manager;
- Coordinate the submission of quarterly financial reports for the ECF Cambodia office;
- Coordinate the submission of quarterly and semi-annual (financial and narrative) project reports for internal, government and donor purposes;
- In consultation with the Program Manager, attend government/donor/eye care working group meetings and conferences;
- Conduct field visits to current partners and attend trainings if necessary;
- Liaise with ECF Dutch staff on technical program issues;
- Perform any other tasks required by the Program Manager or the Project Director Netherlands that are appropriate to your role and duties;
- ECF strictly applies the Child Protection Policy for all employees and the applicant will agree to undergo background checks comply with the Child Protection Policy.
Who are we looking for?
- University degree in Health or Humanities Science, Sociology, Social Work, Public Policy or equivalent in public health or community development;
- At least 3 years of (NGO) project management experience;
- Passion for community development work;
- Knowledge of health care in Laos is an advantage;
- Good knowledge/experience of effective budget monitoring;
- Good report writing skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in both English and Laotian;
- A team-player but also able to work independently in a small organization, included administration, finance and logistics preparation;
- Willingness to travel to project sites on a monthly basis.
- Type of contract: One-year, full-time contract with possibility of extension;
- Starting as soon as possible;
- Appropriate remuneration depending on age and experience;
- Please send cover letter and cv in English to email: email@example.com;
- Closing date: November 8, 2019 at 5:00PM.