- Politically stable country
- Approximately 49 million inhabitants
- 80% of the workforce is employed in agriculture
- 67% of the population live below the poverty line
- Heavily dependent on foreign aid
- Lack of basic health care
- Impact of HIV, malaria, low education and corruption are obstacles to development of the country
Latest news from Tanzania
The Kilimanjaro Christian Medical Centre (KCMC) in Moshi was originally a private institution with service to the northern part of Tanzania. It acts as a...
Susannah Tadei is 36 years old and lives in Moshi, Tanzania. She came to the Kilimanjaro Christian Medical Centre on the arm of her 10-year-old...
What does the Eye Care Foundation do?
The Kilimanjaro Christian Medical Centre (KCMC) was originally a private institution (mission hospital) delivering their services to the northern part of Tanzania. It acts as a territorial hospital and is linked to the medical faculty of the Tumaini University.
Since 2009, the Eye Care Foundation supports the eye department of the KCMC Hospital in Moshi. The support consists of primary skills training for junior doctors who want to become ophthalmologists and educating staff members in various sub specialties.
- Expanding capacity of education support for ophthalmologists training in the Kilimanjaro Christian Medical Centre (KCMC)
- Support of ophthalmologists in different sub specializations in the KCMC
- The donation of study materials and tools to KCMC